At Soul Strong Yoga, we seek to create an environment that is inclusive and comfortable for all. Help yourself and other yogis have the best experience possible by following the studio etiquette.
- Arrive on time. Ideally, arrive 5-10 minutes early to check in and get settled on your mat. If it’s your first time at the studio, you’ll need an extra couple of minutes to fill out a liability waiver.
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes early to class. The previous class may still be in savasana (yogi relaxation time) or the instructor may still be setting up the space.
- If you are going to arrive more than 10 minutes late, please check the schedule and come on out for a different class! The first ten minutes are key to the practice, as they contain the centering and the warm-up. Your instructor will only be able to guide you safely if you’ve made it to the full class. And the other students will appreciate it, too.
- If you arrive a couple of minutes late, please enter the studio and set up your mat quietly.
- Let the instructor know ahead of time if you have any injuries or conditions that you’d like modifications for.
- Upon arrival, take off your shoes and place them in the cubbies by the front door.
- Be sure to silence your cell phone before class! If there’s a personal reason you need to be able to answer your phone, let the instructor know before class and kindly step outside if that occurs.
- Because breath work is a big part of yoga, be cautious with perfume usage! If you smoke, be sure to change your clothes before coming to class. Your neighbor will thank you as they breathe easy!
- Wear clothing that is comfortable, opaque, clean and has appropriate coverage.
- Stay through savasana. Or, if you need to step out of class early, let the instructor know ahead of time and be sure to leave before savasana begins.
- Respect the space! Be sure to put away all props after you’ve practiced. If you borrowed a mat, please wipe it down with the mat cleaner.